Lake District Family Holiday Activities
Out and About in The Lake District
Enjoy a fantastic family holiday at Limefitt Holiday Park in the English Lake District...
Whatever your age, whether you want to enjoy the many holiday attractions that the Lake District has to offer or if you prefer to relax at Limefitt holiday park, join us and get away from it all.
Within the Lake District National Park, South Lakeland has something to offer holiday visitors at all times of the year, in all holiday seasons. Autumn and Winter provide snow capped fells, spectacular scenery and numerous possibilities for the outdoor pursuits lover. Whilst during the Spring and Summer holiday months the area blossoms fully into life with many country fairs, attractions, events and shows.
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park
- The Aquarium of the Lakes
- The World of Beatrix Potter
- Lakeland Miniature Village
- Lake District Visitor Centre at Brockhole
- Low Sizergh Barn
- Ruskin Museum
Click here for more information on family holiday activities in the Lake District.
- Hire a mountain bike and explore the lakes on two wheels.
- Go Ape at Grizedale Park and Visitors Centre.
- On the water try canoeing, sailing and windsurfing at the Lakes Leisure Windermere.
- Try climbing, gill scrambling or rock climbing.
- Horse riding over the beautiful valleys.
- Family activity days at Homescales Activity Centre.
Click here for more information on adventure holiday activities in the Lake District.
- Take a trip on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway
- Take a luxurious boat trip with Windermere Lake Cruises or Ullswater Steamers
- Self guided and guided walks, soak up the amazing Lakeland views
- World-class bird watching around the Lake.
- Fishing and golf
- High adventure balloon flights
- Shopping in nearby Bowness, Ambleside and Kendal.
Click here for more information on relaxing holiday activities in the Lake District.
- Leighton Hall
- Holker Hall
- Lakeland Motor Museum
- Levens Hall
- Dove Cottage and Wordsworth Museum
- Honister Slate Mine
- Sample the selection of restaurants bars and cafes available wherever you go in the Lake District.
Click here for more information on other holiday activities in the Lake District.